The 2019 PositiveNaija Video Event aims to promote the following:
- Self-value of Nigerians;
- Dignity of legitimate work undertaken by Nigerians; and
- Visionary and sustainable enterprises.
Title of Video Event:
Nigerians, Work & Dignity!
Inform the world through your video on the vision, nature, relevance and impact of your work for the good of humanity.
Further content expectations:
In addition to the objective of the video event, the following should be included in the video:
- Make visible the Nigerian flag
- State or tell us what work means to you.
- Video submissions are free – at no cost to the participants
- One (1) video submission per person
- Open to only Nigerians
- The individual present in the video will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize
- Organizations are not eligible either as an entity or through representation by an individual
- PositiveNaija Team are not eligible [excluding the Volunteers – who have no involvement in the organisation of the Event]
Video presentation guidelines:
- Record an original short video with no plagiarism and not uploaded/published elsewhere.
- At the beginning or end of the video, state your full names and nationality.
- Maximum of five (5) minutes [5:00:00].
- Speak loud and clear in a visible environment.
- The video must not contain music of any kind.
- Video can be submitted in any playable video format (mobile phone recording is encouraged).
- The languages of communication in the video are Nigerian Pidgin and/or English.
- Truth, logical consistency, facts, narrative organisation, creativity/initiative and poise.
- You must have permission from anyone who appears or speaks in the video or who provides content to you for the video.
- The video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- All conventional video-editing methods are acceptable. Videos may be edited through any program and in any format.
- Once a video is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- Submit your video entries only via our Whatsapp: +2349064503292
- We reserve the right to disqualify any video that is not in compliance with these guidelines/expectations or is otherwise not in keeping with PositiveNaija’s values.
- 1st prize: ₦0
- 2nd prize: ₦0
- 3rd prize: ₦0
- 1st – 10th positions: ₦100,000 worth of adverts each on the PositiveNaija platforms.
- 1st – 10th positions: Video presentations are transcribed and published on the PositiveNaija platform and its social media channels.
- 1st – 10th positions: Video presentations are transcribed and published in the PositiveNaija Series 2019.
- 1st – 10th positions: Two-week post event free comprehensive financial advisory services (audit, taxation and transaction advisory) by Wole Joshua & Co.
- Submission dates by participants: May 1 – 12, 2019
- PositiveNaija review and select Top 10 best entries: May 13 – 25, 2019
- Advisory Judges review entries: May 18 – 22, 2019
- Wole Joshua & Co. reviews entries and decision on best entries: May 13 – 25, 2019
- Decision on Top 10 best entries are published on the Contest Page: May 26, 2019
- Profiles and details of the Top 10 participants are requested: May 27 – 29, 2019
- Top 10 best entries are declared/published on 31st May 2019 on PositiveNaija
- Rewards are issued to winners on 31st May 2019
*Decisions by PositiveNaija and the Advisory Judge(s) are final and are not subject to legal appeal.
*If the entries eventually received become too many, the review timeline may be adjusted and new dates will be updated on this Page for effective assessment. This might mean final voting and declaration of winner extends beyond the scheduled timeline as stated.
We welcome sponsorships for the 2019 PositiveNaija Video Event. Identifying, supporting and partnering with us on this competition is a testament to your personal, institutional or corporate conviction on the greatness, development and potentials of Nigeria/Nigerians.
For transparent and accountability purposes, every sponsorship for this competition received shall be made available on the blog [for privacy, sponsors can choose to use the initials of their names] (SEE ANNEX 2 below). We shall also provide up-to-date progress report to you.
Your support – financial or service-oriented, could therefore be targeted to the following areas (SEE ANNEX 1 below for account details and guidance):
- Prizes: Top 1 – 3 Videos (Target: 10 million Naira)
- Media/Publicity (Target: 3 million Naira)
- Administrative/Logistics (Target: 2 million Naira)
- General/Overarching – If your support is targeted to the general/overarching running of the competition, we will ensure equity in its distribution to the entire competition process.
Submit your video entries only via our Whatsapp: +2349064503292
Deadline: 12 May 2019 | 11:59 PM (GMT +1)
Acceptance of Terms
By participating you declare that you accept these terms and conditions.
For updates, kindly visit the Competition Page.