2018 POSITIVENAIJA ESSAY COMPETITION
The 2018 PositiveNaija Essay Competition aims to encourage Nigerian patriotism, nation building as well as a platform for excellence!
Title of Essay:
THE LOVE OF A NIGERIAN!
Inform the world through your essay, what genuinely makes Nigeria and Nigerians kind, cooperative, tolerant and well-meaning towards one another and humanity today.
- Essay submissions are free – at no cost to the participants
- Open to all nationalities
- Participants and winners of the 2017 edition can still participate
- PositiveNaija Team and the Advisory Judges are not eligible
- Maximum of 1,500 words
- At the beginning or end of the essay, state only your full names, nationality, email and telephone number(s).
- Must be submitted in both MS Word & Portable Document format (PDF)
- One (1) essay submission per person
- Must be original, no plagiarism and not previously published
- The competition language and the language of entries is English.
- Truth, logical consistency, facts, narrative structure/organisation, creativity/initiative.
Reward [starting cash prizes]
- 1st prize: ₦75,000
- 2nd prize: ₦50,000
- 3rd prize: ₦25,000
- 1st position: Essay is published as the ‘Foreword’ in the 2018 PositiveNaija Series
- 2nd – 10th positions: Essays published in the 2018 PositiveNaija Series
- 1st – 10th positions: Essays are published weekly on the blog.
- Submission dates by participants: 1st June 2018 – 31st July 2018 (SEE ANNEX 4 for status of entries).
- PositiveNaija review and submit Top 10 best entries to Advisory Judges: August 1 – 10, 2018.
- Blind review by Advisory Judges who shall [individually] assess, grade and rank the entries: August 11 – 31, 2018.
- Decision of Top 3 entries by Advisory Judges are published (without ranking) on the Competition Page: 3rd September 2018.
*Decisions by the Judges are final and are not subject to legal appeal
- Profiles of the Top 3 participants are requested and published: September 4-6, 2018
- The audience will then determine the final ranking for Positions 4th – 10th with an open and public online vote – multiple votes are allowed (SEE ANNEX 1 below for voting weights): September 8 – 14, 2018
- The audience will then determine the final ranking and winner (Top 3) with an open and public online vote – multiple votes are allowed (SEE ANNEX 1 below for voting weights): September 17 – 23, 2018
- PositiveNaija collates: September 24 – 30, 2018
- Overall winner (and essay)/results are declared/published on 1st October 2018 on PositiveNaija
- Payments made and certificate issued to winners on 1st October 2018
We welcome sponsorships for the 2018 PositiveNaija Essay Competition. Identifying, supporting and partnering with us on this competition is a testament to your personal, institutional or corporate conviction on the greatness, development and potentials of Nigeria/Nigerians.
For transparent and accountability purposes, every sponsorship for this competition received shall be made available on the blog [for privacy, sponsors can choose to use the initials of their names] (SEE ANNEX 3 below). We shall also provide up-to-date progress report to you.
Your support – financial or service-oriented, could therefore be targeted to the following areas (SEE ANNEX 2 below for account details and guidance):
- Prizes: Top 1 – 10 Essays (Target: 10 million Naira)
- Media/Publicity (Target: 3 million Naira)
- Administrative/Logistics (Target: 2 million Naira)
- General/Overarching – If your support is targeted to the general/overarching running of the competition, we will ensure equity in its distribution to the entire competition process.
We are committed to making the PositiveNaija Annual Essay Competition, the most rewarding educational prize competition in Nigeria by the year 2022.
Deadline: 31 July 2018
For more information, kindly visit: www.positivenaija.com